Saturday, November 21, 2009

Tim Burton's Retrospective @ The MOMA NYC


As some of you may or may not know I am an art school graduate from Scotland. I obtained a degree in animation and Stop-motion was my specialty. I thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the medium from concept to animating. I particularly enjoyed the model making part. I was very inspired by Czechoslovakian film maker Jan Svankmeyer, The Brothers Quay and of course Aardman.But it was the director Tim Burton that moved me to study Stop-Motion. Through watching his movies and reading his biographies I felt I could relate to him on an artistic level. I admired his passion for stop-motion and keeping the medium alive.

Where is all this leading? I thought I ought to add a little blurb before I started slapping up links to sites that has nothing to do with Me. It's all about the Tim Burton Retrospective at New York's MOMA. http://www.moma.org/visit/calendar/exhibitions/313. If you happen to live in NY or find yourself in NY do me a favour and go visit this exhibit! I won't get the chance to see it.

Another homage to Burton in Bazaar Magazine http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/fashion-articles/tim-burton-halloween-fashion-1009

No comments:

Post a Comment